Former Ministers Babatunde Fashola, Rotimi Amaechi, Ogbonnaya Onu, Chris Ngige, Lai Mohammed, Geoffrey Onyema, Hadi Sirika, Abubakar Malami, are on the list of ministerial nominees sent by President Muhammadu Buhari to the Senate for confirmation.
The list of nominees was read by Senate President, Ahmed Lawan today.
There are 43 nominees in all, with former Osun Governor, Rauf Aregbesola, former Benue Governor George Akume and former Bayelsa State Governor Timipre Sylva and former minority leader Senator Godswill Akpabio, making the list.
Former governor of Ekiti, Adeniyi Adebayo and senior lawyer and spokesman of the Buhari campaign, Festus Keyamo are also on the list.
With Buhari submitting the list this week, it means the Senate would have to postpone its scheduled two-month break.
The senate was scheduled to begin a two month recess on 26 July.
In line with the calendar, the National Assembly is to go on its annual recess on July 26 and resume on September 26.
Chairman, Senate ad hoc Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Senator Adedayo Adeyeye, said the red chamber would proceed on its annual two-month recess if the Senate did not get the ministerial list by Friday.
He said: “If the list does not come before Friday, the Senate will proceed on its annual recess.”
See the full list below:
- Dr. Ikechukwu Ogah (Abia State)
- Mohammed Musa Bello (Adamawa State) reappointed
- Godswill Akpabio (Akwa Ibom State)
- Chris Ngige (Anambra State) reappointment
- Sharon Ikeazor (Anambra State)
- Adamu Adamu (Bauchi State) reappointment
- Ambassador Maryam Katagun (Bauchi State)
- Timipre Sylva (Bayelsa State)
- George Akume (Benue State)
- Mustapha Baba Shehuri (Borno State) reappointment
- Goddy Jedy Agba (Cross River State)
- Festus Keyamo (Delta State)
- Ogbonnaya Onu (Ebonyi State)reappointment
- Osagie Ehanire (Edo State) reappointment
- Clement Ike (Edo State)
- Richard Adeniyi Adebayo (Ekiti State)
- Geoffrey Onyeama (Enugu State) reappointment
- Ali Isa Pantami (Gombe State)
- Emeka Nwajiuba (Imo State)
- Suleiman Adamu (Jigawa State)
- Zainab Ahamed (Kaduna State) reappointment
- Muhammad Mahmood (Kaduna State)
- Sabo Nanono (Kano State)
- Major General Bashir Salihi Magashi (Kano State)
- Hadi Sirika (Katsina State) reappointment
- Abubakar Malami (Kebbi State) reappointment
- Ramatu Tijjani (Kogi State)
- Lai Mohammed (Kwara State)
- Gbemisola Saraki (Kwara State)
- Babatunde Fashola (Lagos State) reappointment
- Adeleke Mamora (Lagos State)
- Mohammed H. Abdullahi (Nasarawa State)
- Zubair Dada (Niger State)
- Olamilekan Adegbite (Ogun State)
- Tayo Alasoadura (Ondo State)
- Rauf Aregbesola (Osun State)
- Sunday Dare (Oyo State)
- Paulen Talen (Plateau State)
- Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers State)
- Maigarai Dingyadi (Sokoto State)
- Sale Mamman (Taraba State)
- Abubakar D. Aliyu (Yobe State)
- Sadiya Umar Faruk (Zamfara State)
More from Ships & Ports
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for Ships & Ports? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0810 359 4873. You can also WhatsApp us here. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
Copyright Ships & Ports Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit given to www.shipsandports.com.ng as the source.