Flight MH370: Malaysia to release final search report in July

 

Malaysia Airlines

Malaysia’s Transport Minister, Loke Siew Fook, on Wednesday announced that the final report on the search for the Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 that went missing in 2014 is expected to be released in July.

Loke said the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) Annex 13 Safety Investigation Team had been instructed to immediately complete the full report of the search to be shown to the victims’ families before it was published for public consumption.

The independent body involved 19 representatives of seven international air accident investigations, by Australia, China, France, Indonesia, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States, he said.

“All the data collected from the operations, including the police investigation, will be disclosed to the families of the victims at a special briefing before it is revealed to the public.

“Our commitment is to provide everyone with full access to the reports generated after the government allocated RM500 million for the search from March 2014,” Loke said at a press conference.

Flight MH370, carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew, disappeared from radar screens during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8, 2014.

On Tuesday, Ocean Infinity, the United States technology company specialising in collecting high-resolution seabed data, confirmed that its search for the wreckage of Flight MH370 had ended after having collected high-quality data over an area of 112,000 sq km.

The Ocean Infinity search mission in the southern Indian Ocean was based on the “no cure, no fee” term, meaning payment would only be made when debris of the missing aircraft was found and confirmed by a third party.

Loke said the government was prepared to revisit the area of search if experts or certain parties were able to convince the government on new leads after the final report had been published.

Agency Report

..