Grimaldi Group invests in port of Amsterdam

Nigerian stowaways hold Grimaldi ship hostage in UK
Grimaldi ship. PHOTO CREDIT: MSN


Grimaldi Group has acquired assets totalling approximately 200,000m² in the Amerikahaven region of the port of Amsterdam, including storage spaces, neighbouring warehouses, and logistics areas, as well as two quays and a 20-year concession within the Dutch port.

Grimaldi bought the assets through its subsidiary Amsterdam Multipurpose Terminal (AMT).

Grimaldi Group owns 80% of AMT, a new business formed for the acquisition of the Amsterdam port terminal, while the remaining 20% is controlled by TMA Holding, a Dutch logistics operator with substantial expertise in terminal and warehouse management.

“Our investment in the port terminal indicates the willingness of our Group to strengthen its position in the port of Amsterdam,” AMT President, Guido Grimaldi, said.

Copyright Ships & Ports Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit given to as the source.